Holiday Deviled Eggs
The secret ingredient in these deviled eggs is Jarlsberg cheese.
- 6 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
- Boil large pot of water. Carefully add eggs and boil on high 2 minutes then simmer 13 minutes.
- While eggs cook, chop parsley and scallions, if desired.
- Once eggs are cooked, transfer to bowl of ice water; cool 8-10 minutes. Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Separate egg yolks into another bowl. Reserve egg white halves.
- Combine egg yolks with salt, pepper, vinegar and mustard. Add shredded cheese and mayonnaise; mix until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of yolk mixture into each egg white half.
- Add toppings, as desired. For classic deviled eggs, sprinkle paprika and chopped parsley over eggs. For a savory alternative, cook four strips of bacon and chop. Top eggs with chopped bacon and shredded cheese. For a unique variation, try topping eggs with cooked crab meat and chopped scallions.