Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Herbed Mushroom and Mustard Green Veggie Rolls
These healthy, savory rolls look beautiful on any brunch or dinner table.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- ¾ cup Earth Balance spread (or unsalted butter), divided
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1½ cups whole-wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- ½ cup mustard greens, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat soy milk and 1½ tablespoons Earth Balance, until melted. Remove from heat, and let cool to 110° (use a food thermometer to check). Should be warm to touch.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, and add sugar. Bloom yeast in the mixture, about 5 minutes.
- Add in flour and salt in three batches. Make a loose ball and let rise in a covered, greased bowl, for at least 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat; then sweat onion and mushroom together with garlic, rosemary and thyme on low heat until onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft. Remove pan from heat, stir in mustard greens, and set aside.
- Roll pastry sheet into a large rectangle, about ¼-inch thick, and brush with remaining Earth Balance. Spread greens mixture evenly on the pastry sheet.
- Roll up pastry sheet into a log; then cut into 1-inch segments.
- Place the segments seam-side down in a well-greased cake pan. Bake 25 minutes, until golden.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 35mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 22g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post