- 1 ½ pounds petite red, white or purple potatoes (or a combination), washed, unpeeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup canola oil, plus 2 tablespoons; divided
- 2 shallots, unpeeled
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix potatoes, garlic and ¼ cup of canola oil. Spread on a baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are tender enough to pierce with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle 2 tablespoons canola oil on the shallots and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes, until tender. Once cooked, peel shallots and combine with vinegar and honey in a blender; blend to a liquid consistency. Remove the lid plug, and slowly pour remaining ½ cup of oil into the blender on a reduced speed, until completely emulsified.
- Toss potatoes in the shallot vinaigrette, with chives, salt and pepper.