Photo Credit: Courtesy of Jarlsberg Cheese
Hawaiian Butcher Block Bread
A simple-to-prepare bread with Jarlsberg cheese for brunch or a holiday meal.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 16-oz. pizza dough
- 6 ounce sliced ham, chopped
- 6 ounce grated Jarlsberg Cheese
- 4 slices canned pineapple rings, blotted dry
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment baking paper.
- In a small bowl whisk first six ingredients together and set aside
- Roll out your pizza dough on a work surface dusted with flour into a 10-inch diameter. Brush half of the butter mixture on top of the dough, then layer the ham slices, grated Jarlsberg and pineapple rings. Fold in the edges of the dough to the center and turn upside down so it looks like a loaf. Take a dough scraper or a chef’s knife and begin cutting slices vertically and horizontally until completely chopped. Use your hands to squeeze bread into a tight loaf and place it gently onto the parchment paper on the sheet pan.
- Brush the remaining butter mixture on top of bread and place in the oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until top is golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack before serving.