Grilled Polenta Bites
This is an easy-to-make appetizer with just a few ingredients. If you don’t have a grill, you can put the assembled polenta bites under the broiler.
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pre-cooked (18-ounce) polenta log
- Grilled tomatoes
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- In a food processor, combine basil, garlic, pistachios, lemon juice and oil. Process until smooth. Add salt to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Slice polenta into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Grill on each side 3–5 minutes, until browned.
- Assemble each round with a dollop of pesto, a grilled tomato and sprinkle of Parmesan.
Source: Eating Purely: More Than 100 All-Natural, Organic, Gluten-Free Recipes for a Healthy Life (Skyhorse, 2015) by Elizabeth Stein