Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 12 people
- About 3/4 cup coconut whipped cream (see tip)
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice powder
- 1/4 tsp spicy smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 1 whole pineapple, skin removed, cored, and sectioned into 12 spears
- About 4 hours in advance, make coconut whipped cream according to directions in the tip below and reserve.
- You can also make sugar-spice mixture ahead oftime by combining coconut sugar, spices, and salt, and setting aside. Soak 12bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve pineapple, insert soaked bamboo skewer into each piece of pineapple. Lightly dust each spear with sugar-spice mix. Heat grill to 375 F. Brush grill with a bit of neutral-flavored oil (grapeseed oil works well) and place pineapple skewers down at a 45-degree angle to grill grates; cook for 1 or 2 minutes, or until you have a nice grill mark and the pineapple lifts easily. Lift and replace pineapple at the opposite 45-degree angle to make a crosshatch grill pattern. Repeat on the other side.
- To serve,scoop a tablespoon of coconut whipped cream into a dish and top with apineapple skewer. Sprinkle with additional lime zest if desired. Dip pineappleinto coconut whipped cream as you eat it.
Coconut whipped creamCoconut cream is made using a chilled can of coconut milk. Be sure to use full fat—not light—coconut cream and chill it well overnight. 14 oz can of coconut milk, chilled overnight 4 tsp lime zest (about 2 limes) For maximum effect, chill bowl and beaters overnight. About 4 hours in advance of serving, drain liquid from can (save for another use) and scoop out solid cream. Place cream in bowl of stand mixer. Whisk on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add lime zest and mix to incorporate. Reserve, covered, in refrigerator, or chill in a very cold cooler until you’re ready to serve.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 26mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post