Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Grilled Peach Salad
Grilled peaches and a balsamic reduction make this salad tart and sweet, a perfect summer combination!
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic reduction*
- 3 peaches, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to oil grill
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 cups arugula
- ½ cup goat cheese
*For balsamic reduction:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°; preheat grill to medium-high, and coat with olive oil.
- To make balsamic reduction: In a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Remove from heat, stir in honey. Cool to room temperature.
- Grill peach slices on grill, about 30 seconds each side, until grill marks appear but peach is still firm. Cool.
- Arrange sunflower seeds on a half sheet pan, toast in oven 5–10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, salt and pepper in large bowl. Add arugula, goat cheese and sunflower seeds, and toss gently.
- Arrange salad mixture on serving tray or transfer to serving bowl. Arrange peach slices on top, and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Alyssa Walters, Jessie Vandygriff, William Brasch, Chef Adam Sacks and Katherine Privitt (left to right) developed this recipe. Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 750mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post