- 8 ounces Halloumi cheese
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 gluten free baguette*, sliced 1/2″ thick
- Slice the block of Halloumi cheese on the diagonal and then slice each triangle into four thin triangles.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper and rosemary. Add cheese slices to lemon juice mixture and carefully toss to coat all of the slices evenly.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat and add the slices of cheese. Use a pastry brush to brush remaining marinade on top of baguette slices.
- Find empty spaces around the cheese for the baguette slices. You may need to do this in a few batches. The cheese will start to brown after a few minutes. Use tongs to carefully turn cheese over until a nice light brown grill mark is achieved on each side.
- Do the same with the baguette slices, brushing the marinade on each side.
- Serve warm.