Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Grilled Chili Tofu with Corn-Mango Relish
A quick and easy appetizer or light entrée, with a blend of sweet, spicy and tangy flavors.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 14 ounces Simple Truth firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons Simple Truth chili powder
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, lightly roasted
- 1 cup semi-ripe mango, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- Drain and rinse tofu; place on a plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut tofu block into four equal pieces; set aside on plate.
- Combine 1 teaspoon salt with chili powder in a small bowl; mix well. Rub this mixture on both sides of tofu pieces.
- For relish, whisk 2 tablespoons oil with lime juice and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add corn, mango, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro. Toss, and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. (If a grill is not available, use a grill pan over a stove.) Oil racks with remaining oil. Place tofu pieces on rack, and cook, with grill lid (or grill pan lid) down, for 2 minutes. Rotate about 90 degrees, and cook, with lid down (or on pan), for another 2 minutes. Turn pieces over, and cook the other side the same way for 4 minutes.
- Remove from grill or pan, and place tofu on four serving plates. Divide relish into four equal parts, and serve over tofu.
More than 500 readers submitted entries for the debut Live Naturally/Vegan Fusion vegan-recipe contest. This delicious, plant-based creation was among the 21 that rose to the top.
Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 19g | Sodium: 1184mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post