Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspon salt
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons brandy
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Put eggs, milk, 6 tablespoons of butter, vanilla, flour, sugar and salt into a blender; blend until smooth, and set aside. Set a greased, 10-inch pie plate in the oven to heat.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples, ½ cup of sugar and brandy, and cook until apples are glazed and warm, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pie plate from oven and immediately pour in half the batter. Arrange warm apple slices over batter, reserving juices; then pour remaining batter over apples. Sprinkle remaining sugar and a little cinnamon over batter and bake until clafouti is golden and set in the center, 25–30 minutes. Drizzle with warmed reserved apple juices.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 110mg | Fiber: 1g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post