Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
Incredible tossed with roasted vegetables or drizzled over grilled meats.Fresh herbs are delicate and perishable, so use them in a delicious vinaigrette for salads and as a marinade for meats and vegetables.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- Approximately 6 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (roughly equal parts flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, and chives)
- Pinch of salt
- Put egg yolks in a bowl and smash with the back of a wooden spoon, making a paste.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly, until smooth.
- Stir in vinegar, mustard, shallots and herbs.
- Finely chop the egg whites and add to dressing. Taste and add salt if necessary.