Photo Credit: Jennifer Olson
Fresh Fall Salad
Kale, brussels sprouts, fennel, apple and pomegranate make up this delicious, healthy salad full of autumn flavor.
Share this Post
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ pound brussels sprouts ends trimmed
- 1 small garlic clove finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan ½ cup more to shave
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches kale
- 1 cup pecans roasted
- 1 bulb fennel quartered, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith quartered, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup parsley, tender leaves ans stems coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Remove all outer leaves from brussels sprouts, and place in a large bowl with garlic, lemon juice and ¼ cup Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove stems from kale. Thinly slice leaves into thin ribbons by rolling them and then cutting. Add to sprouts and dressing. Massage leaves until evenly coated. Let sit about 5
- Add pecans, fennel, apple and pomegranate seeds to brussels sprouts; toss to coat. Add parsley and olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and more lemon juice, if desired. Garnish with Parmesan shavings.
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Vincent Armada, Dean of Culinary Education Jorge de la Torre, and Deanna Fontaine developed these recipes. Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 1165mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post