Fresh Fall Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ pound brussels sprouts ends trimmed
- 1 small garlic clove finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan ½ cup more to shave
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches kale
- 1 cup pecans roasted
- 1 bulb fennel quartered, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith quartered, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup parsley, tender leaves ans stems coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Remove all outer leaves from brussels sprouts, and place in a large bowl with garlic, lemon juice and ¼ cup Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove stems from kale. Thinly slice leaves into thin ribbons by rolling them and then cutting. Add to sprouts and dressing. Massage leaves until evenly coated. Let sit about 5
Add pecans, fennel, apple and pomegranate seeds to brussels sprouts; toss to coat. Add parsley and olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and more lemon juice, if desired. Garnish with Parmesan shavings.
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Vincent Armada, Dean of Culinary Education Jorge de la Torre, and Deanna Fontaine developed these recipes. Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 1165mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g