Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 jar Vero Gusto® Calabrian Marinara sauce
- 1 pound Barilla® Rigatoni (or Collezione Rigatoni)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vidalia onion, small dice
- 1 cup red pepper, small dice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage (vegetarian option: Impossible Burger)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley
- In a skillet, add 2 tbsp oil and onion. On high heat, sauté 2-3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining oil and sausage (or Impossible Burger), stir and cook until brown, about 3-5 minutes. Add mushrooms and peppers and let cook 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook Rigatoni according to package directions.
- Add broth, Vero Gusto sauce and cream to sausage and vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
- Remove from the fire and add cheese and parsley.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post