Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- ½ sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Hefty pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a 12-inch skillet to medium heat, add oil, and heat until it shimmers. Add onions and peppers, and sauté until soft. Add garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne. Stir for another 1–2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add garbanzo beans and tomatoes with juice. Bring to a strong simmer. Add a little water (¼ cup at a time) to pan if there isn’t enough poaching liquid for the eggs. Gently break eggs into the sauce. Cover pan and cook for about 3 minutes, until egg whites are set. Add salt and pepper to taste. To serve, spoon into shallow bowls.
Tried this recipe?Mention @WPRecipeMaker or tag #wprecipemaker!
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #livenaturallymagazine