- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces Neufchâtel (reduced-fat cream cheese), cubed
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- ¼–½ teaspoon salt
- Fill a medium saucepan with water. Bring to a boil. Add salt and macaroni; cook 6–8 minutes. Drain.
- While macaroni is cooking, place cream cheese and milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk until cream cheese is smooth.
- Add cheddar cheese a handful at a time and whisk to melt.
- Add half-and-half; stir well. Taste and season with salt.
- Add macaroni, stir well, and serve right away.