Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Eastern Mediterranean Chickpea and Cauliflower Rice Bowl
Bursting with flavor and texture, this vegetarian bowl is surprisingly filling. Best enjoyed warm, immediately after cooking.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas (about 4 cups)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 medium cauliflower (about 1½ pounds), cut into medium-sized florets
- ½ medium onion, small dice
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup loosely packed parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup loosely packed mint, roughly chopped
- 1 cup whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and pat dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, cumin, turmeric and 1 teaspoon salt. Drizzle over chickpeas, and stir with a spatula to coat.
- Line a second baking sheet with parchment paper and add tomatoes. Coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Roast chickpeas and tomatoes in oven for about 25 minutes. Chickpeas should be slightly crispy with a tender center, and tomato skins lightly browned and split.
- Meanwhile, pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until tiny rice-like pieces form.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add onion. Sauté minutes, until onion is translucent. Add cauliflower, raisins and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. Stir in parsley and mint.
- In a medium bowl, whisk yogurt, lemon zest and pepper, and season with a pinch of salt.
- Top cauliflower rice with chickpeas, tomatoes and a dollop of yogurt sauce. Garnish with pistachios and fresh herbs.
Calories: 709kcal | Carbohydrates: 94g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 20g | Sodium: 750mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 20g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post