Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Delicata Squash, Garbanzo and Tofu Curry
Curried squash and tofu make for a perfect vegetarian dish that’s easy to add to your dinner recipe rotation.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu
- 1 large delicata squash, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 8 cups kale, mustard greens or chard; coarsely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Combine curry powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pat tofu dry with a paper towel, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss tofu in a medium bowl with 1 teaspoon of curry mixture.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat. Add tofu and cook, stirring every 2 minutes until browned, 6–8 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, onion, ginger and remaining spice mixture; cook, stirring, until vegetables are lightly browned, 4–5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk; bring to a boil. Add greens and cook, stirring until slightly wilted, about 1 minute.
- Return tofu to the pan; add garbanzos. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until squash and greens are tender, 3–5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cilantro. Serve over rice, quinoa, barley or any cooked grain you like.
Calories: 658kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 36g | Sodium: 387mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 6g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post