Photo Credit: Simon Smith
Delicata Rings with Kefir Ranch Dip
Delicata squash when baked are almost like fries, but healthier! And they’re the perfect vehicle for this yummy homemade kefir ranch dip.
Share this Post
- 3 delicata squash (3 pounds total), sliced 1/2 inch thick and seeds/center cut out with a biscuit cutter or pairing knife
- 3 tablespoons preferred cooking oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Kefir Ranch Dip:
- 1/2 cup plain full-fat kefir
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives, plus a few for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Divide squash rings between two rimmed baking sheets. Use a pastry brush to coat both sides of rings with oil. Season with salt and pepper, making sure to get both sides.
- Roast until golden brown and just tender, 30 to 35 minutes, flipping the squash after 20 minutes and switching baking sheets from top to bottom rack and rotating them front to back.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together kefir, chives, dill, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Set bowl of dip on a serving platter and arrange squash rings around it. Sprinkle with a few chives to make it pretty.
*Delicata skin is edible! Excerpted from Help Yourself: A Guide to Gut Health for People Who Love Delicious Food © 2020 by Lindsay Maitland Hunt. Photography © 2020 by Linda Pugliese. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 944mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post