Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Dark Chocolate Panna Cotta with Raspberry Sauce
This decadent chocolate dessert is light, refreshing and easy to make. It’s also dairy-, sugar- and egg-free.
Chocolate Panna Cotta:
- ½ cup cold coconut milk
- 2½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
- 1¾ cups (14-ounce can) coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons stevia-erythritol blend granulated sweetener* *If you don’t need this recipe to be completely sugar-free, you can substitute an equal amount of coconut sugar.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pint raspberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon stevia-erythritol blend granulated sweetener* *If you don’t need this recipe to be completely sugar-free, you can substitute an equal amount of coconut sugar.
- Lightly oil six small bowls, ramekins or teacups.
- Pour cold coconut milk into a medium saucepan, and sprinkle gelatin over the top. Allow to sit 1 minute for gelatin to soften.
- Add coconut cream, sweetener and salt, and place over medium heat. Stirring to dissolve the gelatin, sweetener and salt, bring mixture to a boil. When boil is reached, remove mixture from heat, and carefully add chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Allow to sit until chocolate has melted; then whisk together. Mixture should be smooth and glossy with no lumps.
- Divide mixture among prepared dishes; loosely cover each with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until fully set, at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a mixing bowl, crush half of the raspberries with a fork until mashed. Mix in sweetener; then gently fold in other half of the berries. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To unmold panna cotta, run a thin, flexible knife around edge of each dish; briefly dip outside of ramekins to just below the rim in very hot water. Place a small plate or saucer over top of panna cotta, and invert, shaking gently to release. To serve, drizzle a tablespoon of raspberry sauce over each panna cotta. Place a small plate or saucer over the top of the panna cotta and invert, shaking gently to release.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 37g | Sodium: 51mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g