Creamy Tomato Soup With Pasta
Craving soup, but think you don’t have the time to make a fresh pot…think again!
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups ditalini or other small pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 cup cream
- Heat olive oil in large pot, add carrots, onions and celery and cook until tender.
- Add stock and crushed tomatoes and bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cook to al dente following package instructions.
- Add basil and cream and stir to combine.
- Pour into bowls and serve.
Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.