Cranberry and Walnut Phyllo Triangles
Crispy phyllo and warm flavorful Jarlsberg will make these a crowd pleaser on your appetizer table.
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 10 sheets fresh or frozen phyllo dough
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups Jarlsberg Chunk Cheese, cut into 25 cubes
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, raisins, honey, orange peel and orange juice; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- Carefully lay one phyllo sheet on cutting board and brush with melted butter. Place another sheet of phyllo on top and brush with melted butter. Cover remaining sheets with damp towel to prevent drying out. Position brushed pastry horizontally and cut into five strips.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon cranberry filling, one cube of cheese and 1/2 teaspoon chopped nuts in lower corner of each strip. Fold dough over filling to form triangle. Fold triangle up then over, forming another triangle. Continue folding to end of strip. Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon chopped nuts. Repeat with remaining strips of dough and remaining sheets of phyllo.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack before serving.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post