Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese (½ cup), softened
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated vegan parmesan
- 16 large baby bella or white mushrooms destemmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To prepare the “crab” mixture, place the hearts of palm, shallot, garlic, and parsley in a food processor and pulse just until the ingredients are finely chopped, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Do not overprocess the mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the hearts of palm mixture and season with the Old Bay. Cook, stirring often, for 6 to 8 minutes, until the mixture is heated through.
- Transfer the filling to a large bowl and add the cream cheese, ¼ cup of the breadcrumbs, and the parmesan. Mix well to thoroughly combine the ingredients. In a separate large bowl, toss the mushroom caps with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the salt. In a third bowl, stir the remaining ½ cup of breadcrumbs with the melted butter, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Working with one mushroom cap at a time, carefully spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of the filling into each cap, depending on how big it is. Place the stuffed mushrooms on the prepared baking sheet and top each one with a spoonful of the breadcrumb mixture. Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy on top. Garnish with minced parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges
Excerpted from Make It Vegan: From Quick & Easy to Deep Fried & Delicious © 2021 by Ashley Hankins.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post