Photo Credit: Califia Farms
This simple, creamy vegan corn chowder will become your new Fall staple.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 ears corn, kernels sliced off
- 2 cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Sliced green onion for serving
- Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, celery, salt, and chili powder and saute until softened, 6-8 minutes. Stir in potatoes, corn, almond milk and broth. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Carefully transfer half of the soup to a blender and process until creamy and smooth. Return to pan with remaining soup, stir and simmer an additional 10 minutes. If desired, garnish with green onions.
Recipe courtesy of Califia Farms