A healthy mix of corn, avocado and chopped peppers, this recipe makes a delicious side dish for smoked or BBQ meats. The nice thing about this salad is that it can easily be made ahead, as the taste intensifies with time.
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 poblano pepper, large diced
- 1 red bell pepper, large diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook for 5 minutes or until kernels are slightly charred. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together until emulsified. In large bowl, add all salad ingredients and toss with vinaigrette. Chill at least an hour or longer if possible.
Theresa Greco is the creator of The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine, where she shares her passion for delicious food and a healthy lifestyle with recipes and reviews. She spends her days working as a law librarian, but her nights and weekends are spent as a home chef, avid food writer and social media expert. She enjoys motivating people to eat healthier both in and out of the kitchen with recipes and dining choices that are inspired by her love for home cooked/non-processed foods.