Photo Credit: Ancient Harvest
Chocolate Banana Bread
This chocolate banana bread is delicious as a breakfast, snack or dessert.
Share this Post
- 6 large eggs, room temp
- 3 tablespoons honey, or pure maple syrup 3
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- 1/4 cup Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas, about 4 medium bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat honey, coconut sugar, and oil/butter together until combine.
- Add in eggs and mix evenly.
- In another bowl combine quinoa flakes, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until all the ingredients are mixed in well.
- Mash bananas, you can use the same bowl you used for the dry ingredients. If you like less texture you can blend them smooth in a mini food processor.
- Stir the bananas into the batter and set aside.
- Spray a 10×4 loaf pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper.
- Place bread in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top of the bread with chocolate chips, just pull the rack out don’t remove the bread from the oven.
- Slide back in and continue baking for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 to 20 minutes on a wire rack before lifting the parchment paper and removing from the pan to continue cooling.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post