Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 onions, 1 roughly chopped and 1 thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup black bean sauce
- 3 1/4 tablespoons Chinese chili or chili garlic sauce
- 2 fat garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 14 ounces beef minced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed
- 14 ounces fresh or straight-to-wok medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Make a sauce by putting chopped onion into a food processor with the black bean sauce, chili sauce, garlic and tomato puree. Add 1 cup water and whizz to a fairly smooth sauce.
- Fry beef in ½ Tbsp oil in your largest frying pan, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon as it browns. Tip the browned beef out onto a plate, and add sliced onion with another ½ Tbsp oil and a splash of water. Lower heat slightly, and fry onion until softened, scraping up any stuck beefy bits as you go. Return beef to the pan, then stir in the sauce with another cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom to stop it catching.
- Cook green beans for 4 minutes in boiling water until tender, then drain. Carefully stir beans, noodles and soy sauce through the beef mixture (if pan is too full, you can heat the noodles following the packet instructions then serve beef on top). When noodles are evenly mixed through and hot, serve.
Adapted from Pimp Your Noodles © 2021 by Sarah Cook. Reprinted by permission of Seven Dials, an imprint of the Orion Publishing Group. All rights reserved.
Calories: 684kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 760mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post