Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 large tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 4 buffalo mozzarella cheese slices
- 4 hamburger buns
- Place the chicken, panko, yogurt, Parmesan, thyme, rosemary, basil,
salt, oregano, black pepper, garlic, and, if desired, crushed red pepper
in a bowl, and gently combine, using a spoon or your hands.
- Divide the chicken mixture into 4 equal portions; shape each into a 1-inch-thick patty. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the patties, and cook until a golden brown crust forms, about 6 minutes per side.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the patties on a baking sheet. Spoon about
1⁄4 cup of the tomato sauce onto each burger. Top each with 1 tomato slice and 1 cheese slice.
- Broil for a couple of minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve on hamburger buns with extra basil, if desired.
Excerpted from Siriously Delicious by Siri Daly. Copyright © 2018 Oxmoor House.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post