This dairy-free, gluten-free smoothie bowl offers the flavors of your favorite summer dessert without the guilt. Ripe, sweet cherries are puréed with wholesome oats and baking spices to yield a healthy cherry cobbler in a bowl.
- 2 Tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp flaxseed
- ½ frozen banana
- 1½ cups cherries
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond or other plant-based milk
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 dates, pits removed
- pinch nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup whole pecans
- ½ tsp hemp hearts
- 2 Tbsp granola
- 3 fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- ½ tsp cacao nibs
- 1 small banana, peeled and sliced
- Combine all smoothie bowl ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings.
If you are not sensitive to dairy, you could easily swap in Greek yogurt and dairy milk. If you’re gluten sensitive, be sure to look for both gluten-free rolled oats and gluten-free granola.
Excerpted from Beautiful Smoothie Bowls: 80 Delicious and Colorful Superfood Recipes to Nourish and Satisfy (Skyhorse Publishing, 2017)