Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Honey White Bread
- 1/4 cup butter
Vanilla Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Vanilla Bean, pulp scraped and reserved
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and spices.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle and add 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Working one at a time, coat each slice of bread with the batter on both sides before adding to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, flipping midway through, until golden brown.
- To make the cream sauce, combine the milk, heavy cream, vanilla pulp, sugar and egg yolks in a saucepan. Whisking constantly, bring the mixture to a low simmer and allow it to thicken slightly.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh sieve and set aside to cool.
- Serve the French toast stacked and topped with sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post