Photo Credit: Mirasol Gomez
“Cheesy” Cauliflower Tater Tots
These gluten-free, dairy-free tater tots make a great snack with any favorite dipping sauce.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 18 tater tots
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup onion, finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup nutritional yeast (or grated Parmesan)
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup almond flour (or gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°. Oil or line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, add cauliflower florets to salted boiling water and cook until fork tender.
- Strain cauliflower; let sit in fridge until fully cooled. Or place in the freezer to speed up this process.
- Add coconut oil to a small skillet on medium heat. Add onions; sauté 2–3 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic; sauté 3 minutes, being careful not to let garlic brown. Turn off heat, place in a small bowl, and set aside.
- When cauliflower is cooled, place into a food processor and pulse just until finely shredded, the size of rice. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add nutritional yeast, parsley, salt and pepper, and mix together. Fold in onions and garlic. Add salt to taste, as needed.
- Add almond flour and egg; mix thoroughly.
- Form into small tater tots and place on oiled or parchment-lined pan. Bake 15–20 minutes on each side, or until crispy brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post