Cauliflower Dinner Roll
These rolls are a more nutritious alternative to the classic dinner roll.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup spelt or whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Onion flakes for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower florets in food processor. Pulse until cauliflower has a fine consistency, resembling rice. Place in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to cauliflower; mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Add to cauliflower mixture, stirring until the mixture forms a “dough” ball. Dough will be wet.
- Roll dough into individual “rolls,” and place on baking sheet. Flatten each ball slightly with your hand to resemble a dinner roll. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and onion flakes. Bake 20–30 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm with butter or extra-virgin olive oil.