Shop IngredientsHow this works
- Air Fryer (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Cooking oil spray
For serving (optional):
- chopped chives
- hemp seeds
- avocado slices
- Preheat either an air fryer to 375°F (190°C) or a conventional oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a high-speed blender, combine the cashews, coconut flour, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and chipotle chile powder. Blend until the cashews are crumbly but not powdery.
- Transfer the cashew mixture to a shallow bowl, and place the whisked egg in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip the tenders into the whisked egg and then into the crumb mixture.
- Spray the tenders lightly with oil. Air fry for 9 to 10 minutes, or bake in the oven on a sheet pan for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (73°C), flipping at about the 5-minute point for the air fryer or the 8-minute point for the conventional oven. Serve with the chopped chives, hemp seeds, avocado, strawberries and ketchup if you wish.
Reprinted with permission from JUST EAT REAL FOOD by Caitlin Greene, Page Street Publishing, Co. 2021
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post