Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
This carrot-cake oatmeal is the perfect blend of whole grains and protein to fuel you through a busy morning. Whole-grain oats contain cholesterol-lowering fiber, and carrots are high in potassium and beta-carotene, nutrients shown to be effective in lowering blood pressure. With all the sweet flavor of real carrot cake, this easy recipe will have you looking forward to breakfast
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup plain nonfat or low-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup nonfat or low-fat milk
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a lidded jar; shake well, and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy cold, or heat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or on the stovetop for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbling.