Photo Credit: OZO™
Carne Asada Tacos
These plant-based tacos are not only delicious but quick and easy to make!
Share this Post
Shopping ToolsHow this works
- 12 ounces OZO™ Plant-Based Mexican Seasoned Ground
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 3 serrano peppers, seeded and diced fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup dried red chilies
- 4 stewed tomatillos
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can stewed tomato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup salt
- Make the guacamole, see recipe below.
- Make the Salsa Roja, see recipe below.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large griddle or cast iron pan over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the OZO Plant-Based Mexican Seasoned Ground and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the meat is browned on all sides and starting to crumble. Move to the side of the griddle to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium/medium-high and add a bit more oil to the griddle. Place the tortillas on the griddle and top with a generous amount of cheese. On half of the tortillas, add some of the cooked OZO Plant-Based Mexican Seasoned Ground, onion, cilantro, red sauce, and guacamole.
- Place the other tortilla, cheese side down, on top of the fillings.
- Add the avocados, serrano peppers, cilantro, garlic, salt, and a bit of water to a blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding water as needed to thin it down.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the chilies, tomatillos, vegetable stock, stewed tomato and ½ cup of its stewing liquid, garlic, and a bit of salt in a blender.
- Blend until everything is well incorporated, adding salt to taste.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post