Photo Credit: Aaron Colussi
Butternut Squash and Refried Bean Tostadas
Bring the flavors of Latin America to your dinner table with this easy-to-make vegetarian dish.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 4 cups medium diced butternut squash, about 1¼ lbs.
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons chipotle powder, divided
- 1 (16-oz.) can organic refried beans
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 8 corn tostadas
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Avocado Lime Crema
- ½ small ripe avocado
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a large sheet pan, toss butternut squash with coconut oil, 2 teaspoons chipotle powder and salt. Roast until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place refried beans in a small saucepan with jalapeno, lime juice and 1 teaspoon chipotle powder. Heat over low heat, stirring often until warm.
- Add all ingredients for avocado crema to a blender, and combine on high until creamy. Consistency should be pourable. Add more water or avocado as needed.
- Assemble by carefully spreading refried beans on a tostada, followed by butternut squash. Drizzle with a generous amount of avocado crema and garnish with pumpkin seeds and cilantro leaves. Repeat for remaining tostadas.
Calories: 541kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 15g | Sodium: 1813mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 5g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post