Buttercup Squash Coconut Curry with Soba Noodles
A delicious curry to satisfy your taste buds.
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 small buttercup squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock, heated, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced julienne
- 1 head of broccoli, medium florets, quartered
- 1 head of cauliflower, medium florets, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced julienne
- 1 yellow summer squash, thinly sliced, quartered
- 1 (9.5-ounce) box soba noodles, prepared according to package directions (if you’re gluten-free, makes sure to find a 100% buckwheat variety)
- 2 green onions, sliced thin for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Place 1/2 tablespoon oil and ½ teaspoon salt in each half of squash. Bake, cut side down on a sheet pan, until golden brown and tender, about 30–45 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, scoop squash into a blender with 1 cup of vegetable stock and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and add 1/2 cup coconut milk, curry, red pepper flakes and a teaspoon of salt. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
- Heat remaining oil in another sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and stir fry for about 30 seconds; add onion and cook until translucent. Add broccoli, cauliflower, red bell pepper and yellow squash and cook until tender. Stir in prepared noodles and curry sauce.
- Garnish with green onions, and serve.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post