Bulgur Almond Cookies
Kids will never know there are hidden whole grains in these sweet treats. These healthy cookies are both dairy-free and gluten-free.
By: Johnson & Wales UniversityPRINT
Categories: dessert, desserts, recipes, vegan, vegetarian Tags: Almond, Bulgur, cookies, vegan, vegetarian
Shop IngredientsHow this works
Keyword: almond, bulgur, cookies, vegan, vegetarian
Servings: 12 cookies
Author: Johnson & Wales University
- 1 cup cooked bulgur (can also use quinoa, amaranth or millet)
- 2 cups hazelnut or almond flour
- ¼ cup dried cherries (or substitute any dried fruit)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (optional, but yummy)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix all ingredients together until evenly combined. Spoon a generous tablespoon onto cookie sheet. Press dough with a fork, as with a peanut butter cookie. Bake 10–12 minutes.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Sodium: 80mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g