Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened nondairy milk (soy, almond, cashew), divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries or blueberries)
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- To make batter: Place carrots in a food processor with 1 cup milk; process until smooth. Add remaining milk, eggs, oil and vanilla; process until smooth.
- Add remaining batter ingredients; blend just until smooth. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour; overnight is best. Before cooking, add 1 cup water.
- To make berry sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine berries, sugar, 1 teaspoon orange zest, juice and cornstarch. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally 2–3 minutes until thickened. Allow sauce to cool before using.
- To make filling: In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and ricotta until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, and lightly beat until fully incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble blintzes: Butter a nonstick skillet, and heat over medium heat.
- Add batter to center of pan, and swirl to spread batter into thin circle. Cook until golden on each side and no longer shiny in the center, 2–3 minutes per side.
- Add filling to center of each blintze and roll up; or spread filling on half a blintze and fold in half. Cover top half of blintze with filling; then fold in half one last time.
- Top with berry sauce. Garnish with remaining orange zest and/or powdered sugar (optional).
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post