Broiled Soy Honey Salmon with Charred Green Onions
This recipe was developed by Stuart O’Keefe, an accomplished TV celebrity and professional chef and host of “Let’s Eat!”
August 16, 2:30-3 p.m. “Gluten Free on the Road”—Speaker Series @ Food As Medicine Stage
August 16, 3-4 p.m. “Summer Alfresco Cooking”—Cooking Demo @ Cooking Demo Kitchen. Join Chef Stuart as he shows that cooking in the summertime doesn’t have to be a stressful affair.
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds extra for garnish
- 6 4-5- oz. fillets of salmon
- Kosher salt
- 2 bunches green onions
- 2 Fresno chiles sliced thinly
- In a small bowl, combine and mix garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, oil and sesame seeds.
- Season salmon with salt, transfer fillets to a ziplock bag along with half of the marinade. Mix salmon gently in the bag and let sit 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Toss green onions with a tablespoon or two of oil, place on a baking sheet and broil until some color is achieved; or place them on a hot grill. Set aside.
- Place salmon on a tray, spoon some marinade over and broil about 6-7 minutes; do not walk away, keep a close eye until salmon is charred and is cooked to medium at thickest part. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds and extra marinade.