Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound cooked, peeled beets; about 5 small or 3–4 medium
- 1 (15-ounce) can pickled beets, with liquid
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken or veggie broth
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1-2 teaspoons best-quality red wine vinegar, or to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together crème fraîche and 1 tablespoon of dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cooked beets, pickled beets and liquid, broth, ice, and 1½ cups cold water into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Season with vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the borscht with dollops of the dill cream, garnished with more of the dill.
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Vincent Armada, Dean of Culinary Education Jorge de la Torre, and Deanna Fontaine (l to r) developed these recipes. Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 541mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post