- Parchment paper
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup almond flour
- Pinch of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (12-ounce) jar sour cherry jam
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat jam in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, until melted and hot. Add chia, and simmer 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cream almond butter, coconut oil and sugar in a bowl with a mixer, about 5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add almond flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir well, until combined.
- Bring dough together into a ball, put in a ziptop bag, and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Pinch a bit of dough, and roll into a ball. Place your thumb in the center to form a shallow cup. Set on baking sheet. Repeat with all the dough. Fill each center with jam. Save any leftover jam for morning toast.
- Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. These cookies are best on the day they are made. They tend to soften as time goes on.
PER SERVING: 153 CAL; 3G PROTEIN; 4G FAT; 27G CARB (19G SUGARS); 44MG SODIUM; 1G FIBER