BBQ Jackfruit Sliders with Slaw
Enjoy all the joys of BBQ with none of the meat. Grab some select spices and a few tablespoons of Florida Crystals® Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar, then sink your teeth into this meat-free summer sandwich.
Share this Post
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh Jackfruit slice (about 2-inches thick)
- 8 slider buns of choice
Citrus Barbecue Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Florida Crystals®Organic Light Brown Raw Cane Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Fill a saucepot ½ full with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. While water is heating, remove seeds and the pods surrounding the seeds from the jackfruit. Slice the jackfruit into wedges, leaving the skin on. Add jackfruit pieces to boiling water, cover, and boil about 45 minutes or until flesh is soft and separates easily into strands. Drain and hold aside to cool. Slice flesh away from the rind and gently shred flesh to make about 2 cups. Discard rind.
- Citrus Barbeque Sauce:
- Prepare barbeque sauce while jackfruit is boiling.
- Stir or whisk all ingredients together in small saucepot. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Hold aside warm until ready to serve.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk lime juice and Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar together to dissolve sugar. Whisk in jalapeno, salt, mayonnaise and parsley. Stir in cabbage slaw and radishes until well combined. Refrigerate slaw, covered, until ready to serve.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post