Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 6 ounces domestic mushrooms
- ½ cup dry white wine optional
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped
- Process celery, carrot and onion in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Place veggies in a sauce pot and sauté with olive oil until golden and slightly caramelized, about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add garlic while processing mushrooms in the food processor. Cook for two more minutes and then add mushrooms to the pot. Sauté until all the water is gone and mushrooms are caramelizing, too.
- Stir in wine, reduce well and then add tomato, water and bay leaf.
- Season with salt and pepper and reduce over medium heat, about twenty minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and toss with pasta sauce, and then stir in the cheese.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post