Shop IngredientsHow this works
- 1 package Barilla Collezione Spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 3 pounds pasta clams
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley roughly chopped
- Soak the clams with water and sea salt for one hour.
- Rub them very well and rinse with fresh water.
- In a skillet, sauté chopped garlic with half of the olive oil and red pepper.
- Add clams, wine and cover with a lid.
- Cook over medium heat until clams are completely open, but do not overcook.
- Discard any closed clams and 2/3 of the shells. Leave some clams in the shell as garnish.
- Cook spaghetti in salted water 3 minutes short of the cook time. Drain reserving some of the cooking water.
- Toss pasta over high heat with the clams and, if needed, some of the cooking water until the pasta is al dente and well combined with the sauce.
- Stir in remaining olive oil.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post