Photo Credit: Barilla®
Chicken Caprese Pasta with Farfalle and Tomato & Basil SaucePRINT
Share this Post
Shop IngredientsHow this works
Servings: 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Farfalle pasta
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded Parmigiano cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1 jar Barilla® Tomato & Basil sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 8-ounce package mini fresh mozzarella balls
- ¼ cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
- Place chicken breasts on cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken breasts into an even ½-inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken with ½ teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper; set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the pasta. Stir gently, then cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in an extra-large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook 4 minutes; turn and cook 4 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink (170°F). Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and heat over medium heat. Add in the tomatoes, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to burst. Stir in sauce.
- Drain pasta and reserve ½ cup cooking liquid. Chop chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Add chicken, pasta, and reserved cooking liquid to the skillet containing the tomato mixture. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in the shredded Parmigiano cheese.
- Transfer to serving platter and top with the fresh mozzarella and basil. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g
Rate This Recipe
Share this Post