Banh Mi Pork Cabbage Salad
A typical banh mi is a sandwich filled with Vietnamese seasoned meat and pickled vegetables, served on a baguette. This salad mimics those flavors, making it an addictive recipe that you’ll want to make over and over again!
- Air fryer
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
For pork marinade
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 knob fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 pound pork shoulder trimmed and thinly sliced into 1" thick stips
- 4 medium radishes julienned
- 1 medium shallot peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 medium carrots peeled and shaved into long ribbons
- 4 cups shredded napa cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
To make crema
- In a small bowl, whisk together crema ingredients. Refrigerate covered until ready to use.
To make pork marinade
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sesame oil, tamari, sriracha, honey and minced ginger. Set aside half of marinade in a medium bowl.
- Add pork strips to bowl with remaining marinade and toss. Refrigerate covered until ready to use.
To make salad
- In another medium bowl, add radishes, shallot, rice vinegar and salt. Refrigerate covered until ready to use.
- Preheat air fryer at 350° for 3 minutes.
- Add water to bottom of air fryer. Add pork to ungreased air fryer basket. Cook 5 minutes. Toss, then cook 6 minutes.
- Transfer pork to bowl with reserved marinade and toss.
- Add carrots to ungreased air fryer basket and cook 2 minutes.
- Distribute cabbage, basil and mint into four serving bowls. Top with pork, carrots and radish mixture. Drizzle crema over the top and serve.