Photo Credit: Arman Liew
Baked Sweet Potato Zucchini Tots
Veggie skeptics will be converted. These bite-sized, low-carb, high-fiber tots are perfect to dip in your favorite condiments!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes steamed and cooked
- 1½ cups finely shredded zucchini approximately 2 large
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more if needed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, plus more if needed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder, plus more if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, mash your cooled sweet potatoes.
- Remove any excess liquid from the shredded zucchini. Add the zucchini to the sweet potatoes. Add the spices and mix very well.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the almond flour, along with some extra spices. Using your hands, form small tots with the vegetable mixture. Roll the mixture into the almond flour mixture until evenly coated. Arrange on the tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes before flipping and continuing to bake for an extra 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool briefly before enjoying!
- For ultra-crispy tots, bake on high heat for the last 2 to 3 minutes.
- Tots are freezer friendly, and can keep for up to 1 month.