Avocado and Pomegranate Crostini
Feta and pomegranate seeds add a pop of flavor and color to this easy-to-make appetizer.
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced into 1-inch slices
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 large avocado; peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sliced bread on baking sheet and lightly brush all pieces with olive oil and salt. Bake until golden brown around the edges. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine avocado, lime juice and scallions; mash and blend until creamy. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Spoon avocado mixture onto crostini pieces, top with pomegranate seeds and feta, and serve.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 340mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g