Avocado, Coconut and Lime Cheesecake
This rich and creamy cheesecake is completely void of cheese. The avocado does the trick.
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 ounces raisins
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 medium/large avocados
- 6 tablespoons agave nectar
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Lime zest to taste
- Grind almonds in a food processor. Add coconut, raisins, water and cinnamon, and grind into a dough.
- Add coconut oil. Grind again into a mixture that will hold together when pressed in your hand.
- Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, and set aside.
- Add oil, butter and some zest. Blend to incorporate. Add more zest if needed.
- Pour over crust. Allow to firm in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
Live Naturally is excited to partner with Johnson & Wales University. Brianda Esquivel, Chef Adam Sacks, Taylor Sherwin and Emily Smith (l to r) developed these recipes. Known as a recognized leader in culinary education, JWU is changing the way the world eats. For info, visit jwu.edu/denver.
Calories: 510kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 40g | Sodium: 70mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 28g